Friday, June 7, 2013

Update

Business is great! I've been working... a LOT. Like, 4-7 photo shoots per week. This means that when I'm not taking photos, I'm working my butt off to get them all edited.

Being as this is a personal blog, I decided not to upload photos from my professional shoots and put them instead on my business facebook page and main photography website.

This has made a weird conundrum for my blog because I usually post about what I've been up to but all I've been up to is work.  I guess that's a sign that I need to work on a work/non-work balance in my life?

If I'm not eating, sleeping or at the gym, I'm working. At first it felt like a game (How good can I be at this whole business owner thing?) as well as imperative (if I don't email back in 10 minutes, someone else will and they'll go with another photographer, and I'll lose business and that's the kind of thing that can sink a small business). But I'm realizing now that just because what I'm doing what I love to do for work, that doesn't mean it's all I should be doing. Even if it means losing out on some potential clients.

So my question is, for those of you that love what you do, how do you achieve that work/non-work balance? Or is that an issue for you too?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the work! I kept seeing all the pictures you were posting on Facebook and figured you must be busy. Which I love you posting the pictures on there. You do beautiful work.

    As for a work/life balance, I have no advice. My work follows me everywhere I go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that your photography business is going well! Congrats! I have a problem of taking my work with me, too. I try to set an hour or two aside each night that I am free from technology. It doesn't always work, but it's nice when it does!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!