Thursday, March 14, 2013

Awkward/Awesome vol. 85

Hey guys! Awkward/Awesome Thursday time! 


Awkward: I'm about to be uninsured so I went down to the pharmacy to pick up next month's prescription to tide me over until I can get new coverage and a doctor's appointment.
Awkward x 2: They told me I could pick it up on the 28th. The day AFTER we leave Southern California.
Awesome: I made friends with someone upstairs and she made an exception :)

Awkward: The purposeless/sad/bored underlying feeling I've been having and posted about [yesterday].
Awesome: My mom asked me if I would like to edit the pictures I took of Littlest-Little's soccer team last weekend and put them online for the parents. I didn't realize until later that she hadn't added her usual, "If you have time" or "when you get a chance"... She gave me a purpose! What a clever woman (I love you!)

Awesome: Wearing a light, breezy dress.
Awkward: When it is actually breezy outside, and the breeze is at such an angle that the dress is graphically outlining the front of my body as I walk in front of strangers. It's like a clingy bathing suit.

Awkward: Hangnails
Awkward x 2: I'm always running my fingers through my hair. This aggravates the hangnails.

Awkward/Horrible: Being asked if I'm pregnant (I've gained a bit of weight from the moving stress)
Awesome: That person is now doing me a big favor

Awesome: Giving up sugar (well, not giving up entirely but cutting back by 90% what I was having)
Awkward AND Awesome: Now everyone's making me delicious going-away treats.

Awesome: Having a fabulous time exploring an ecological reserve for a family photoshoot.
Awkward: Noticing as we were leaving that there was poison oak everywhere (yes, we strayed from the trails...and I had the children and the parents sitting in the foliage many times)
Awesome: No one got any poison oak

Awesome: Remember the bagel place I talked about where they put toppings on BOTH sides of their bagels? We went back there today for probably the last time.
Awkward: They were out of my 'whole-wheat with everything' bagels. So I got plain ol' whole wheat.
Awesome: The nice lady just gave me a side of seeds and garlic to sprinkle on it myself. I love humanity.

What are YOUR Awkwards & Awesomes from the week?

3 comments:

  1. I remember those days of rushing to the pharmacy before the insurance ran out. Oh moving, so many things to think about! And being asked if you are pregnant is just plain brutal. Sorry.

    Awkward: Posting a comment literally minutes after you posted your blog...makes me seem a bit like a stalker

    Awkward & Awesome: A door to door salesman asking me if my mom or dad was home.

    Awkward: Isla screaming her way through the store and I HAD to pick up a few things.
    Awesome: The nice old lady that said she remembers those days

    Awkward: Me realizing I may as well post all this on my own blog because it has been quite the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome: Winning a travel voucher for $300 from a card game tournament.
    Awesome: Winning a travel voucher for $200 from a company holiday party.
    Awkward x(infinity): having to wipe those out and spend $600 of your own to pay for a last minute flight that you tried to book months ago but friends were unreliable with making their plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone asked if you were pregnant?! That is never okay! Goodness gracious.

    I'm glad no one got poison oak. That could have been a truly dreadful situation...

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!