Thursday, January 3, 2013

Awkward/Awesome vol. 77


Gettin' back on the bandwagon 
with an Awkward/Awesome edition!


Awkward: Holiday weight gain and sugar addiction. UGH!


Awesome: Boyfriend-Fellow's grandma got all the girls matching holiday necklaces.
Awkward: I got a necklace-shaped rash within 10 minutes of wearing it every time.

Awesome: Still lovin' the macro Photojojo lens Boyfriend-Fellow got me for my iPhone.
Droplet on a blade of grass

Awesome: Playing hangman with The Littles 
Littlest-Little (being a smart-alec) had me guessing phrases like, 'Isn't it obvious?' 
Biggest-Little had me guessing nonsense pairs of words like 'bird rain' and 'palm truck'. Oh and this is her handwriting on an iPod...
Can you read it?

Awesome: Mowth in his Mowth-sized vacation home.

Awkward: My head is so big I have to lengthen all my headbands with safety pins.

Awesome: On Friday we headed up to our family Christmas weekend.
Awkward: 3 hours into the 7 hour trip, as the car became increasingly lurch-y and sputter-y, we turned around (that's a 6 hr drive in total for Friday).
Awesome: We used the other (smaller) car and left the next morning. 

Awesome: My dad used to work with Teri Hatcher (she was the head cheer coach and he was the head soccer coach for an organization). I just found these old flyers he made 
that's her on the right

close up

Awesome: Trying on glasses with The Littles

Awesome: Pops McGee when he was my age-ish (note: he's still cool)

Awkward: The things I used to give my dad as presents....
Maybe it was a toothpick holder?

Awkward: I did not have my boyfriend to kiss on New Year's, but I did have Mowth.

What's been awkward/awesome with you guys?

.

10 comments:

  1. my head is enormous too! i am going to use your safety pin tip, because headbands always crush my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you've made me feel better :)

      Delete
  2. You're not alone in your big headed-ness. I can wear my dad's bike helmet. He's a foot taller than me.

    Try clear nail polish on the back of the necklace pendant and maybe trade out the chain. My skin freaks out sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great suggestions, thanks!

      Delete
  3. I got so excited when I saw you posted another awkward/awesome post. That in and of itself is a little awkward!

    And when reading through, all the sudden I got the mental image of you down on the ground trying to take a picture of a blade of grass and it made me laugh. It still is an amazing picture though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoy the posts! It's not awkward at all!
      Yup, I totally was squat in the wet grass for that shot.

      Delete
  4. digging those red glasses on littlest (and the cateyes on you!). is puppamoth named mowth, now? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Boyfriend-Fellow doesn't call anyone (or anything) by one name for long, it's always evolving.

      Delete
  5. The tiny house for Mowth! AHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stories of playing Hangman with the littles. I definitely play like Littlest... we'd get along.

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!