Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Newtown, CT

I have not been able to cope with the Newtown, CT tragedy. Sometimes I'm able to compartmentalize news after feeling sad, and just set it in another place to fester.

I can't even listen to the news about it. I got the first glean of information as it was unfolding and then have avoided hearing more at all costs because just the bit of what I already know can send me into tears and make me feel for those families and worry about The Littles and my future children. It came up last night at dinner and dominated the whole meal. I was barely able to hold back tears.

I have been wishing there was more I could offer besides prayers and empathy. Then I found a few ways that I could here. I personally like the My Sandy Hook Family Fund. It gives money to help with anything the families from flying in relatives to attend the funerals to hot meals.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful way to help out. The tragedy in Newport has affected me as well. It's sad that, as a nation, it takes a tragedy for us to come together...

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!