Thursday, November 15, 2012

Awkward/Awesome vol. 72


Awesome: I got asked to do a photography shoot, of a woman doing aerial silks this weekend.
Awkward: I really needed my dad's lens (I pretty much only have a portrait lens myself)
Awesome: He mailed his nice lens to me

Awesome x 2: The shoot was in this really awesome space in LA
Awkward: Because of LA traffic, I was an hour late getting there
Awkward x 2: It was only a 2 hour shoot.

Awkward x 3: When I finally got to the shoot and tried to use the lens, it was broken (jammed)
Awesome: Pops had insured it
Awesome x 2: I stayed with my best friends who live near L.A. that night after the shoot
Awkward: When the insurance company called about the lens, they said they needed to inspect the original packaging.... which I had thrown out while staying at my friend's house. DOOOHHHHH.
Awesome: Because of Veteran's day, the trash hadn't been taken out.
Awkward: Having to ask my friend's dad to dig through the trash for me.

What's been awkward and awesome with you?

3 comments:

  1. That is a lot of drama for one lens! And bummer that you never actually got to shoot any photos with it. Hope you had fun in LA though. My parents live there and Ian and I used to, and I always enjoy going back down there and visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did the photo shoot work? I want to see those photos so badly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did! Not as well as I would've hoped but I'm still glad for the challenge.

      Delete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!