Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Perfume

When I was in 7th grade, one of my favorite things to do with my best friend was to walk to the drugstore and blow our allowance on cheap-o beauty products. I wasn't yet wearing real makeup but I really liked the candy-flavored lip-glosses, brightly colored hairclips and best of all the Bonne Bell Bottled Emotions line of perfumes.

Like all good things, the perfume stopped being manufactured at some point and I was left with just one aging bottle of Flirty.



I used it super sparingly but still, my supply dwindled. 

In high school, I decided to save the last few drops for my theoretical wedding day
 (an idea I got from a friend who similarly had her favorite perfume line canceled on her)


I spent years searching for an equivalent but to no avail. One day it occurred to me to check online and lo and behold, there were some people selling some unopened bottles! Now I'm stockpiled for life.

What's your favorite perfume? 
Are you saving the last few drops too?

6 comments:

  1. Gotta love the internet! It saves the day on things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what does it smell like? Because if it's anything like the perfume I wore in middle school, that is some nasty stuff! (Not that I think you wear nasty perfume, but 12 year olds don't have the most discerning tastes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to describe what it smells like cuz it's not trying to be anything in particular (like coconut or flowery). But when I'm showing people around my dorm room/apartment/house, over all these years, at some point I have them smell my yummy candles, perfumes, etc. They tell me 'yay' or 'nay' to the scent and everyone has liked this particular perfume (without me biasing them by telling them it's special). So that's good.

      Delete
  3. I try to change my perfume regularly so I don't get sick of it. I've been wearing Daisy by Marc Jacobs for a while but I think I'm ready to switch to something else :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's a fine strategy both to not get sick of it and to have to stockpile a discontinued scent. I bet it's also nice cuz when you smell an old perfume, you can remember the time it corresponded with.

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh. i totally forgot about those little perfumes! i used to wear the crazy one. it had a picture of a ufo. :)

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!