Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Know Thyself - Part 5

The last part of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Assessment is the lifestyle (i.e. ) dimension (judging/perception).

This one was the most interesting to me as it's the one I'm least sided with. I'm more in the middle and I'm not happy with that.

The class divided into judgers on one side and perceivers on the other and shared some experiences. One self-identified judger described how she starts making lists and planning every hour of her days the MOMENT she finds out she's going on a trip. And she was happy with that.

On the flip side, a perceiver in the group described how he didn't even begin to look for a hotel until 4am after a concert. And he was happy with that.

I'm in between. When I know a trip is coming up, the judger part of me wants to make lists and plan.  But I don't have the energy of a full-blown judger to help me see it through. I end up with an unfinished draft of a list and don't start packing until the night before leaving me anxious. The perceiver part of me would prefer I could just go with the flow and wing it.

Packing unhappily.

I'd love to know what you are... More of a judger or a perceiver?

2 comments:

  1. i think i'm probably with you...somewhere in between. i'd be interested to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably the only one I looked at and couldn't answer what I am. I am going to say I side more with the judgers, but at the same time, I do fly by the seat of my pants sometimes...but lists, I love me some lists. Who knows? I can tell you with confidence though, I don't get anxious about packing and I am more of the "buy it if I forget it" type of traveller.

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!