Thursday, October 18, 2012

Awkward/Awesome vol 68

This is kinda a weak week.... (<--- as evidenced by weak jokes)

Awesome: Last month, I noticed my neighbor had hung the vase I had made her in her window (she liked it!)
Awkward: Last week, I noticed my neighbor had left the vase I had made her in her window (she moved out 2 weeks ago....)

Awkward: I decided it'd be easier to schedule almost all my presentations and talks for the quarter on one day so I only had to get dressed up once. DOH!


Awkward and Awesome: Boyfriend-Fellow made me laugh so hard I keeled over.
Awkward x 2: ...In front of some coworkers and faculty I later found out.


Awkward: Someone opened their car door into mine.
Awkward x 2: While I was in it. Awkward moment.  

Awesome: I joined a group of friends who have decided to watch the entirety of the show The Wire together.
Awkward: I somehow forgot that I can seldom sit still through 20 minutes of something let alone 1-2 hours of a show.
Awkward AND Awesome: After the first fidgety hour, the host gave me a pen and some paper to doodle and I was happy. Like a 5 year old.


Awkward and Awesome: I gave an hour long lecture to a class of 100 people!


Awesome: Now we know. Thanks Newsweek!

What's been awkward and awesome about your week?

2 comments:

  1. Awkward: Last week, I noticed my neighbor had left the vase I had made her in her window (she moved out 2 weeks ago....)

    Ba ha ha ha ha !! That's so sad and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! Oh, and I thought I was the only adult who can't sit thru anything. Glad to hear I am not alone. And I would love to hear how your presentations went. Especially hear about you teaching a huge class all by your lonesome. Go you!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!