Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Zucchini Pasta

I saw this Raw Zucchini Pasta on the fabulous Lindsay's blog and just had to try it out.
The original recipe is here
It's super duper easy!

1) First peel off the outer layer of zucchini skin.
2) Then peel the white, inner flesh (ewww) into strips until you get down to the seed layer (at that point, chuck the remaining zucchini carcass, you're done with it).
3) Repeat (I used 3 zucchinis to make enough for two small servings but the number you'll need will vary depending on how big your zucchinis are).
3) Sprinkle some salt on the noodles and let drain for 20-30 minutes in a colander.
4) Pat it dry

You're done! Now add something to it! 
I've made it twice now... The first time Boyfriend-Fellow and I just seasoned it with some garlic and put marinara on top.

This time, I went a little fancier since I was bringing it to a potluck (more about that later).

I added cherry tomatoes and avocado then sprinkled flaxseeds on top.

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you loved it! Your picture looks 1 million times better than mine :) You are just the best and your comments always make me laugh xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! I think I will be trying it given that I have 3 new zucchinis growing in my backyard right now.

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!