Monday, September 3, 2012

Pumpkin-Flaxseed Mini-Muffins

This morning, I was craving something warm for breakfast so I decided it was time to try out this Muffin For One recipe by Catherine (the source of all my recent recipes).


I made quite a few adaptations...
Instead of yogurt, I used pumpkin (the puree you get in cans) cuz I'm getting really excited for fall.
I doubled the vanilla extract
I didn't add sweetener as I wasn't craving that.
I used almond flour instead of whole wheat flour
I used 1 egg white instead of 2 TBSP liquid egg whites (which doubles the egg white called for but I don't mind the extra protein)
I only own a mini-muffin tin so instead of one bigger muffin, I made 5 little ones.

Pumpkin - Flaxseed Mini Muffins
(makes 5)
4 TBSP pumpkin (from a can)
3 TBSP almond flour
1 egg white
1 TBSP chia seeds
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 sprinkle of flaxseeds

Super easy instructions....
(1) Set oven to 375 degrees.
(2) Mix all ingredients and pour into tin.
(3) Sprinkle flaxseeds on top. 
(4) Bake for 15 minutes.


Mine weren't as pretty as Catherine's but 
they were SUPER yummy, healthy 
and filled me well until lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!