Friday, September 14, 2012

Playmats 1 & 2

Just after Christmas time, Brutharrr commissioned me to doodle on a blank playmat that he could then use for his gaming (he plays Magic and UFS) as well as to play card based board games on (e.g. Race for the Galaxy, Ascension, Dominion, etc).

This is the finished product....

And some close ups...

.


I thoroughly enjoyed the process of decorating the mat and he got a lot of attention for it, so I got commissioned to do another, this time, with instructions to make the entire playmat look like the victory screen from Marvel vs. Capcom (see below) with the characters being The Incredible Hulk, WWE's The Hurricane (see below) and Michaelangelo from The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The victory screen from Marvel vs. Capcom...

The Hurricane...


Here's the process...
.
.
.
.
.

And the finished product! 

Now I'm free-styling another one... So far it's got water, castles and and monsters.

I'm excited to post the finished product soon!

5 comments:

  1. You are so talented! These are beautiful! Your creativity and attention to detail is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY. These look fantastic! I'm sure your brother's friend was really pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You are so talented!! These look so good!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!