Saturday, September 29, 2012

Monkey see, monkey craft

It was either that title or 'I came, I saw, I crafted'

I'm on a very tight budget these days (last paycheck was Sept 1st, next one is Nov 1st. Eep!)

So you'd think shopping wouldn't be fun but au contraire!
I love seeing something I want and then immediately thinking, "How could I make that?"

Point in case... 
I saw this bracelet...

Gorgeous, right? But also $50! No way is that in my budget... 
So I made my own!
Voila!

I also liked these stackable rings but they were 
something like $20 each. 

Nopsies....

So I made my own!


Even that pillow I gave to Boyfriend-Fellow for our anniversary was a product of seeing something I liked...

And then making my own!


Aaaandd this one's definitely not my greatest creation 
but Boyfriend-Fellow liked this sign...

But it wasn't for sale, so I made him one...

I want to do this next.

What crafts are you excited to try?

7 comments:

  1. ha ha, I'm not very crafty! I only make my own cards. I will happily appreciate other people's crafts... by buying them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you are so talented! All my crafting energy is currently being spent on decorations for Isla's first birthday party in two weeks.

    Oh, and congrats on winning the fashion week prize! I was so excited to see you won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I hope Isla's birthday goes so well. I can't wait to see pictures!
      And thank you, I was SO excited to get that gift card! Just during the month I have no paycheck too :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you are a very good jewelry maker.

    Also... and I mean this in the nicest way possible: it's sort of not fair that you are smart AND artistic... I wish I could draw like you! I always love to see your illustrations, and you always seem to refer to them as if they were mere doodles but for the record I'm always super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. I really appreciate that!

      Delete
  4. Where is your esty shop? Your creations are ALL cuter than the originals! Some girls get all the talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Autumn! An Etsy shop would be super cool! I may be selling stuff locally soon... Fingers crossed!

      Delete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!