Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Trifecta

Anyone who has interacted with me for more than an hour knows I'm OBSESSED with tiny things. ...And drawing.
...And crafts.
Did you know there's a craft that combines drawing and tiny things?! The perfect trifecta.

I feel like the universe has been hiding this from me.

I never heard of Shrinky-Dinks growing up and by the time I saw them, I kinda figured they'd be a project that turn out kinda home-made looking (with 'dink' in the title, come on!).

But I went for it anyways and I am hooked.

My favorite thing to do is trace the bare-bones of an image and then fill in the details and the color to make it my own style.

So, some of these are traced and some are free-handed.

Here are some of my creations...

For one of Boyfriend-Fellow's sisters...

For another of Boyfriend-Fellow's sisters...

For yet another of Boyfriend-Fellow's sisters...

For Boyfriend-Fellow himself...
 Boyfriend-Fellow and his dog

For Boyfriend-Fellow's grandma....

 For boyfriend-Fellow's new step-dad

For Pops McGee (aka Faja)...

For Brutharrr...

This was for my mom but I want to do something cooler for her now...

For Deanna...

For Autumn...

For my friend Sus...

For no one in particular yet...


NOTE: For all of these, I did sharpie on the front, coloring on the back and 
then had to put some clear tape on both sides so it didn't rub off eventually.

Have you ever done Shrinky-Dinks before?
 


3 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of Shrinky Dinks until this post. Your creations look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrinky Dinks are a common art project at our school! The kids love making necklaces out of them, yes, even the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blown away! I had no idea shrinky dinks could be this beautiful. You never cease to amaze me.

    Toy store? Target? Art supply shop? Where do I get my hands on these dinks that shrink?

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!