Thursday, August 23, 2012

Awkward / Awesome Volume 62

It was almost time for dinner with Boyfriend-Fellow's family.
I was sitting next to Boyfriend-Fellow's new step-grandmother and her little dog (i.e. her world).
We were having a nice chat then Boyfriend-Fellow's mom called us to dinner.
I stood up.
My dress was wet.
I glanced back.... The couch was wet.
Right next to the little dog.
"What's wrong?" Someone asked.
"Um... my dress... is wet."
Step-grandmother: "Oh, how strange, I wonder if someone sitting here before you spilled something."

I had to attend the fancy-schmancy dinner (we're talking crystal dinnerware, people) with a freshly dog-peed-upon dress (when I smoothed my napkin on my lap, it got soaked through).

"Muahaha"

 
Awkward. 
But hilarious.

8 comments:

  1. AHHHH! I'm sorry! Dog pee is never fun. In any situation. :(

    One of my friends had her wedding dress peed on (AS she was wearing it on her wedding day).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing so hard about the step-grandmothers response! Oh people and their little dogs. Those little dogs can do no wrong in their owners eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I guess we're all like that with those who we love to some extent though.... Oh life lessons...

      Delete
  3. As a little dog owner, I take offense that you assumed it was that adorable dog's fault. Clearly you wet your dress and didn't want to tell anyone. ;)

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!