Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Quirks

When Faja and Brutharrr came to visit, Brutharrr and I spent a good amount of time watching Friday Night Lights and filling out his Listography book.
There's a spot for making up lists and I was inspired by Deanna's list of things she hates that other people love (she also added a list of things she loves that other people hate)

So I thought it'd be fun MY lists and to hear what you'd put on it....

Things you do/don't like that other people don't/do
I don't like.... minty toothpaste/gum, etc (When I want a clean mouth, I want it to taste like nothing)
I don't like.... shopping for jeans
I don't like ... showering (I get SO bored)
I don't like... when the waiter refills my water before I'm done
I don't like... ice in my drinks. Or cold water for that matter (it hurts my teeth)
I don't like... when cars wait for me to cross when there's only one of them (I would rather they just go, not watch me as I walk past)
I don't like... shuffling cards
I don't like... most pies or any cheesecake (but I love cream cheese, don't try to tell me they're the same)
I don't like... the beach (not that I hate it, I'd just prefer to be somewhere where my hair doesn't turn into stringy mess and my nose and eyes don't turn red from sun- and/or wind-burn).
I don't like ... the beginning of conversations when they're so standard ("How are you?" "Fine. How are you?" "Fine." Can we just skip that?!)
I don't like... talking on the phone/video chatting. I love connecting with people but I really prefer other means.
I don't like...  3D movies.

I like... hair in my face
I like... scratching sand out of my hair
I like.. eating ALL of the apple (except for the seeds).
On a related note...
I like... eating fruits and veggies raw without cutting them up (I just bite into bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, you name it)
I like... movies the second time around (I like paying attention to the other details after I know the plot)
I like... changing toilet paper rolls (I do it at my friend's houses, when it's needed of course)
I like... lame puns. (So much)
I like... the smell of skunks (I was reminded of this one after seeing it on Deanna's blog), the smell of gasoline and nail salons. Not good for me, I know...
I like... after something nice of mine gets it's first scratch/ding (Now I can stop caring about keeping it pristine)
I like... commercials. (They're entertaining if they're clever and they're fun to make fun of when they're stupid)
I like... the taste of diet sodas (maybe more than non-diet) *Though I don't drink either.
I like... hot drinks on hot days.
I like... BAKING in a hot car. It feels like a jacuzzi. Without the mess of being wet. 
I like... Moving! It's so fun to rearrange and organize and make a new chapter of your life.


I'm curious as to what you'd have on this list! 
Let me know in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. your last one there strikes close to home, as we're in the middle of a move right now. i do really like the sense of possibility and the puzzle ("how do we make *this* place best reflect our likes and needs?"), but i intensely dislike the work of moving. it's probably not so bad when you don't have furniture or Nice Things That Were Wedding Gifts or any of that, but moving a whole household...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like.... shopping for jeans - does any girl like shopping for jeans? I'd like to meet her.

    I don't like... ice in my drinks. Or cold water for that matter - I specifically like to drink tepid water, but I don't mind ice in other drinks.

    I don't like... most pies or any cheesecake - neither Jordan or I like cheesecake and IT DOES NOT taste like cream cheese. Cream cheese is for bagels, not cake.

    I don't like... 3D movies - me either, it gives me a whopping headache.

    I like... hot drinks on hot days.
    I like... Moving!
    Don't like either of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i eat all of the apple too. and while i do like to take a shower, i really hate washing my hair and shaving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!

    I don't just don't like shopping for jeans, I hate it!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!