Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Chocomole

This is another recipe I tried from Catherine's blog Bunny Food For My Rabbit Teeth in preparation for the food competition party I attended last Saturday (I'll tell you what I made, and who won, shortly).

It is sooooo yummy! It's only flaw is that it's TOO good. It just tastes like delicious chocolate decadence and you can use it as ANYTHING (frosting, pudding, dip, spread, filling, etc)

So while my guinea pigs (i.e. officemates) very much enjoyed it, it didn't stand out as THE dish to bring to a competition.

But if you're in the mood for chocolate, this is for you.

Chocomole
(makes 4 servings)
Original recipe here.

Again, here's the page out of my in-progress recipe book...
Ingredients:
1 large avocado
1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions: 
Remove pits from dates.
Combine everything in a food processor (or high powered blender) until smooth.
Refrigerate 1 hour and serve!

Bon appetite!

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate & avocado, huh? Not sure why this seems a little weird to me. But I mean, two things I love... why not combine them?

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!