Thursday, July 5, 2012

Awkward / Awesome Volume 55

Happy Cinco de July! How was your 4th?
Time for Awkward/Awesomes.....

Awkward: This realization yesterday....

Awesome: Making Rice Krispy treats but using Captain Crunch and Fruity Pebbles instead of Rice Krispies. There were no survivors (leftovers).
Making/eating them..

Transferring to the pan...

The finished product

Heading to the partayyyy

Awesome: Being invited to a beach-house party.
Awkward: After finding the house, we had to drive 40 MINUTES(!) for parking.
Awkward x 2: When we did find parking, it was over a mile away from the house.


Awesome: Planting what some people consider 'weeds' like they're flowers
Awkward and Awesome: Sometimes my sisters text my boyfriend how much they love/miss him from my mom's phone so it looks like my mom's texting these sentiments to my boyfriend....

Awkward AND Awesome: Pretty much every dance move I've learned in my Zumba class.

Awkward: I was rock-climbing for an hour before I pulled this piece of errant plastic out of my shoe...
Ouch!

Awesome: Boyfriend-Fellow and I were miraculously able to coordinate his schedule, my schedule and the moving-truck rental availability so that he could help me move the big furniture and still make his obligations on Saturday.
Awkward: We only had the truck for 2 hours and it took 30 minutes of driving each way (so basically, down to an hour to move EVERYTHING in and out).

Awkward x 2: In the got-to-get-the-truck-back-immediately-hub-bub, I forgot to do a walk-through with the landlord.  And there are things that need fixing....

Awkward: Also in the moving-rush-hub-bub, I cracked a corner of the glass top on this coffee table.
Awesome: Because of that crack + the fact that I don't have room for it in my new place, it's now part of my garden.
Awesome: My front door is all windows.
Awkward: I realized this after stepping out of the shower...
Awesome: I was able to dig up my curtains I had gotten years ago (and thank goodness hadn't thrown away).

Awkward AND Awesome: Not having internet the first couple of days in my new place. Guess I can't waste time on the internet... I guess I'll organize my new space and watch Sound of Music!

Awkward: What the previous tenant left me in the oven....
It's light as a feather!
Speaking of burnt things...
Awkward: My new moving tan...


Your turn! What's been awkward/awesome in your world? 
How was your 4th?

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! That sunburn looks painful! :-(

    My awkward: I painted Levi's room. Once the paint settled it was PURPLE and definitely NOT gray! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those grey colors are difficult! The same thing happened with our living room/dining room. But I decided I liked it and left it. On the other hand, my brother painted his room THREE times before he finally found a shade of grey he liked.

      Delete
  2. Your sisters texting the boyfriend from your mom's phone...I LOVE it!!! And that treat from the oven, kind of nasty.

    Awesome: Ripping up the carpet in Connor's room.
    Awkward: It was glued down...this is going to be a longer DIY project than expected.
    Awkward x2: We are now sharing a room with a 2 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That oven cake. I can't even.. AHH. Or wait. is that a pizza?

    I also really like your little garden! I love succulents.

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!