Saturday, June 16, 2012

If it's not made out of bread, it's not worth making

The littles are growing up!!!!
First case in point.... Littlest-Little just completed that milestone of 4th graders in California... Building a scale replica of a mission.

She really wanted to make her scale replica out of bread.
Initially, mom was dubious (being practical as she is).
So Littlest-Little composed this beauty...

If you can't read it, it says,
10 reasons why my mission is made out of bread
If it's not made out of bread, it's not worth making.
There's always a first time.
San Jose is simple to make
I was looking forward to it
Now I'm looking backwards
I want to eat my mission
I want to make it out of bread
We have three days to think about what to make it out of and make it and we already have an idea
It will work
I'm your daughter and I love you.

Isn't that awesome!?
They then attempted to build it out of bread but alas, the bread ended up puffy.  Due to that and many other practicalities (such as how would you make something out of bread that is sturdy AND edible?), they went a more traditional route.
This is the finished product....

It's not bread but it sure is impressive!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT WHOLE LIST. I also like the way she thinks ;)

    She did amazing on the model! I remember having to make one of the Alamo when I was her age. I think I made it out of popsicle sticks? It's hard to think that far back. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that list has me convinced! Fa-reaking AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!