Thursday, June 7, 2012

Awkward / Awesome Volume 51

Awesome: My hair is finally growing out (long enough to get wispy strands! And put in a hat!)  
I was NOT a fan of the last cut....


Awesome: Our professor ended our last seminar with, "Well guys, it's been real." In a polish accent.

Awkward: Having to wear my boss's clothing and jewelry for a skit we were filming.
Awesome: I love her clothes.

Awkward: Whenever I accidentally rub one of my gold shoes against my ankle, the little sparkles CUT my skin.


Awesome: Boyfriend-Fellow taking me out for wine.
Awkward: The look the server gave me when I asked for a 'sour' white.  He instructed me NEVER to use the word "sour" and to instead use "bright" or "apple-y".

Awkward: The classic "Reply All" instead of "Reply" move.  To the whole graduate department. It was bound to happen.

Awesome: White nails with gold glitter.

Awkward: ALWAYS getting my earring caught on my towel when I'm rubbing my hair dry.
(It's one of those top-of-the-ear piercings that I don't take out for any reason.)

Awesome: Whenever Boyfriend-Fellow swings by my desk and I'm not there, he writes on whatever I'm working on.
His nickname for me is 'Face' and every variant thereof (Fayce, RachFace, etc)

Awesome: Getting to practice my upcoming end-of-the-year talk in front of a smaller subset of faculty.
Awkward: I'm not going to be incorporating a lot of their suggestions.... I'm sure that will endear me to them.

Awesome: Getting to eat lunch in the gorgeous weather.
Glorious.

Awkward: Since my wallet is still missing, and I need all the cash I can get for gas, I end up writing checks for as little as $4.54. I definitely get the stink eye.

Awkward: My microwave broke. 
Awkward x 2: My computer cord broke. AGAIN. I still can't believe they're $90!

Awesome: At my friend's offering, I took a bite of her lunch.
Awkward: As soon as the fork touched my lips, I remembered I'd recently eaten nuts. She's deathly allergic to nuts.
Awesome: She was done with her lunch anyways. PHEW.

Did you have any particularly embarrassing, fantastic or hilarious moments this week? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Your hat wearing is so cute! And I love your necklace!

    I also have those same shoes! Except my glitter is purple-y, but darn, it hurts :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sparkly shoes are so adorable. I'm bummed that they're hurting you! Bad shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband calls our baby "Lil' Face," which I love.. I think your nickname is cute!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!