Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Vegetarian Sliders

As promised, here's the recipe that Boyfriend-Fellow's mom gave me for making Black Bean Burgers.


 Ingredients:
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 egg
1 tbsp. chili powder (*careful with this... they can be spicy*)
1 tsp cumin
1/2+ cup bread crumbs (I substituted oatmeal when I made this later)

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 375
Mash black beans with fork until thick and pasty.
Stir diced pepper and onion into the beans.
Mix egg, chili powder and cumin in a separate bowl.
Stir egg mixture into bean mixture.
Mix in bread crumbs (or oatmeal!) until the mixture is sticky and holds together.
Divide and form into 4-6 patties.
Bake for 10 minutes on each side or grill for 8 minutes on each side.

SLIDERS

To make sliders, I just made smaller patties and baked them for about a minute less.
 (this is how much doubling the recipe made)

For the buns, I used whole wheat dinner rolls cut in half 
and I added grilled onions plus a wedge of blue cheese....

Enjoy!

Let me know what you think if you try them!

3 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be trying these out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know! They're going on my grocery list... now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound incredibly delectable. (I tried to figure out how to combine incredible and delectable, but all I can think about is a slider - or 3 - right now)

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!