Monday, April 23, 2012

Nor Cal Adventures

I was a bit sad to come back to California after spending time with Boyfriend-Fellow's family on the east coast (see this post).
It was so cool to get to learn so much about him and see all his history, not to mention that the town he grew up in is real neat, chock full of a sense of community.
To cheer me up, we decided to plan a trip up to my dad's house, which is close by to several areas I've lived in my life.
Here's the mini-trip diary...

Friday
Plane plane
Travel travel
It was the captain's 50th birthday so 
his wife brought everyone cookies!
Faja and Brutharrr had falafels waiting for us 
when we got there, cuz they're awesome people.
Steven came over and we watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
(one of my all time favorites)
Saturday
Drove to Santa Cruz.
Had acai bowls from The Brazil Cafe  with a few friends
Coffee at Pergolesi's.
Wandered downtown.
Boyfriend-Fellow got some sweet wolf socks.
Went back to Perg's and played some games in the shade.
A few more friends came...


Settled on Roasted Barley ice cream at the Penny Ice Creamery 
(after many samples of course)
A few more friends came....

Then the whole group had lunch at The Saturn Cafe....

Boyfriend-Fellow and I headed up to the campus so
I could show him where I used to live and work.
Came home to join Faja for Thai food followed by massages.
Oooh la la!
Then us three played Bananagrams
Boyfriend-Fellow and I stayed up late playing Gubs

Sunday
Decided last minute to do something exciting and drove to 
San Francisco to romp around the Ferry Building for a few hours. 

Plane plane.
Travel travel.

What did YOU do this weekend?


2 comments:

  1. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim! I rented it for Jordan and I on a whim and it was crazy good.

    And boy oh boy do you guys travel a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm, cookies for his birthday?! His wife is my idol. Thats the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!