I cannot emphasize to you enough how picky this guy is. In fact, the reason he was even eating this weird pizza is because he has decided that he wants to start eating fruits and vegetables... That's right... Start eating fruits and vegetables for the first time in his life.
I kid you not, he lived on cereal, bagels, meat, spaghetti.... and... not much else.
Fortuitously, Boyfriend-fellow and I already had a pizza night planned so we just switched up the bread dough we were going to use with this cauliflower creation.
Result: OH MY GOSH. It's SUPER yum and so easy to make!
We used the recipe here as inspiration but we massively adapted it.
3 cups riced cauliflower (cooked)
1/4 cup shredded skim mozzarella cheese
(*you can add herbs and spices if you want)
1) Rice the cauliflower (with a food processor or, if you're like me and don't have one, just chop it up real fine).
2) Cook the cauliflower (3.5 minutes in the microwave per cup... No need to add water, it's already got enough in it).
3) Mix cauliflower, egg and cheese.
4) Spread mixture onto a pan.
5) Bake 15 minutes.
6) Add toppings and broil until cheese is melted.
(It looks like the bottom is burnt but it's just the edges and they were still yummy)
Now that I started researching cauliflower, it turns out it can be substituted for rice as well! Next up, cauliflower stir fry! Yum....
Have you guys cooked with cauliflower?
Any other creations I should know about?
Tell me if you end up trying this recipe!