Thursday, April 26, 2012

Awkward / Awesome Volume 45

Awkward and Awesome: I'm finally getting at least one of my wisdom teeth growing in.

Awkward: Sending my boyfriend a text meant for my dad.

Awesome: My officemate DJ-ing a blast-from-the-past themed afternoon (Mambo #5, Sugar Ray, Wallflowers, TLC, Weezer... glorious).

Awesome: Instead of eating lunch in front of my computer as per usual, Boyfriend-Fellow and I played Gubs outside.


Awkward AND Awesome: Two of my friends (who have never met before) wore the same shirt to my birthday lunch.

Awesome: Making a cauliflower-crust pizza (recipe coming soon) and watching Super 8 with Boyfriend-Fellow.  Perfect date.

Awesome: For my birthday, Brutharrr wrote me a tiny note and put it in a tiny capsule (I LOVE tiny things).
Awkward: I can't find it!

Awesome: Someone brought 28 day old kittens to work!!!

Tell me your week's awkwards and 
awesomes in the comments below!

12 comments:

  1. better to send boyfriend a dad-text than to send dad a boyfriend-text. i almost did that once -- caught it, thank goodness, because at that point it was a husband-text and contents were, well, would have been mortifying if dad had received it instead. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That sounds hilarious! I mean, because it didn't happen. If it had happened, it'd be hilarious and terrible. Fortunately, texts between boyfriend-fellow and I consist of "Where do YOU want to eat?" and making fun of each other. :)

      Delete
  2. i second katie's comment! and those kittens...love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accidentally sent my mom a terrible text once that was supposed to go to Rusty. You know.. a kinda bad one. Sigh.

    THOSE KITTENS. HOW SWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I wasn't the only person thinking this, but at least you didn't send your dad a text meant for your boyfriend!

    And well, my awkward moment of the week was a man soliciting me like I was a prostitute in the middle of the freaking day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like such a good/horrible story!

      Delete
  5. You didn't miss a post - I accidentally forgot to do two or three of the weekly stats.. oops. We have had the A names picked out for both gender for about three years, so we've been calling the baby "Baby A". :P When we find out the gender on May 9th, we'll know which name to call he/she. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May 9th is so soon!
      And you'll tell us what the OTHER name was right?

      Delete
  6. Awkward is riding public transportation. It's just always...interesting. I love your use of lunchtime. A former coworker and I used to play chutes and ladders. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only do I love that you posted about GUBS, but that you have the original addition (at least from the picture I see.) Thanks for supporting my game!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!