Thursday, March 22, 2012

Awkward / Awesome Volume 41

Awkward: Trying to say 'bless you' with my mouth full. 
I ask you, does the polite cancel the rude?

Awkward: Breaking my stapler.
Awkward x 2: Borrowing my coworkers and breaking hers too.
Awesome: Our lab manager ordered new ones for both of us.
Awkward: I broke my new one...

Awkward: Getting a plastic cut (like a paper cut, but on plastic)
Awkward x 2: Getting nail polish remover in said plastic cut.

Awesome: Magnetic nail polish. 
I tried it on one nail in the store.

Awkward: Taking outfit photos.
Awkward x 2: Taking outfit photos in the gym bathroom (here and here).

Awesome: It hailed.  For 12 seconds.  This is what it looked like outside at the time.

Awkward: This mural (it looks like a sick noodle, but it was a mexican restaurant so I think it's a burrito)

Awkward: Sharing a table with two very popular strangers.  Nope, for the millionth time, that's not my phone that just buzzed.

Awkward: Putting mascara on only half my eye.

Awkward: Washing my hair in the gym bathroom sink.

Awkward AND Awesome: Our stats take-home portion of the final included 'fun' questions about us stats students poisoning our teacher's coffee because we were unhappy with our grades.
Awkward AND Awesome x 2: I offered our stats teacher a green (mint) cookie. He refused. I showed him one I had taken a bite out of and he took that one.

Awkward and Awesome: In 7.5 hours, I will be done with my stats final and, if I do well, done with stats. 
Awkward AND Awesome x 2: In 8 hours, I will be celebrating this at my stats professor's house.

Awkward AND Awesome: Next week, I fly to the east coast to meet Boyfriend-Fellow's family!

Tell me your highs and lows from this week 
in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that you'll be meeting your boyfriend's family next week!! Where on the east coast is he from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEE! Meeting the family. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I offered our stats teacher a green (mint) cookie. He refused. I showed him one I had taken a bite out of and he took that one." <--- That had me laughing so hard! Smart teacher!

    Oooh! Meeting boyfriend-fellow's family!! Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck next week meeting the family! I'm sure you'll wow them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh meeting the boyfriend's family! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    Magnetic nail polish is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I splurged and bought some of that magnetic nail polish and it's pretty killer.
    Hope the parental encounter goes swimmingly! I'm sure you'll charm 'em.

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!