Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Drowning in pudding

Soooo... I've decided grad school = drowning in pudding.
I'm surrounded by absolutely awesome things such as interesting classes, fun assignments, new friends, adventures BUT (yup, big but) I'm still drowning

I had a breakdown last week.  Whilst catching up with the madre (which happens far too seldom), I learned that bigger little needs glasses!  Of course, mother dear asked if I could come home to help her pick out some snazzy frames (what else are big sisters for?). But I honestly didn't know how I could swing it.  With my overload of homework, study sessions, soccer games, photography gigs and other various commitments, I was struggling to figure out how I could spare the time to drive home.
Then it hit me... Isn't that one of the big reasons why I'm here, not doing grad school in upstate New York? So I could conceivably come home and be there for my family?  I knew it'd settle down soon, when I got used to things and gained time management skills but I was so tired that day... logic didn't make a dent on me.  As I was sitting in statistics a few hours later, I started to cry.

Welp, the next morning, after some sleep, I decided that despite the consequences, I would go home and be there for my sister.  My mom called a few minutes later to tell me THEY were coming to ME!
Joy!

Seeing their two faces replenished my soul...


Good thing littlest little's birthday is coming up because I don't think I could go so long without a visit again.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, you three sisters are just so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisters are so refreshing for the soul. I'm glad you were able to connect... I'm sure it was as meaningful to them as it was to you. They're going to remember this time as being close to you, as much as you'll remember it for being there for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to spend some time with the littles! Grad school, for all the wonderfulness, is draining and you need to make some time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!