Thursday, October 6, 2011

Awkward / Awesome Volume 18 - I saw the signs....

Awesome: Doing the school photography for my sisters' school.
Awkward: Depositing 30 of the checks into the ATM before realizing I hadn't signed them.
Awesome: They went through.

Awesome: When I first started in my lab, this was waiting for me (it's 2 x 3 feet large!)
P.S. It's still up...
Awkward: This sign at the zoo...

Awkward AND Awesome: This emo phone sign

Awkward: Accidentally adopting some dude's underwear from the laundry room when I brought home my clean stuff.
Awesome: Fortunately the item in question was clean as well.
Awkward: I unintentionally kept it for 5 days....

Awesome: Being unafraid to ask a very basic question in my statistics study session.
(Cuz 'there's no such thing as a dumb question', right?).
Awkward: Being told it was a dumb question
(Apparently there is...)

Awkward: Before now, getting my hands on a scientific article I wanted was pretty hard.
Awesome: Now that I'm a big shot grad student, I get messages like this...

What about you guys? What's been awkward/awesome in YOUR week?

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That is awesome about the articles!! FREE TO YOU! How cool!!

    That lion sign was hilarious! I would have been scared! Don't want to get sprayed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahaha, "Broken Forever"! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broken Forever...that's awesome. I am always thrown off when I actually see someone using a phone booth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emo phone sign is so emo.

    I would never take down that poster either! What an adorabley chubby baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i live for your awkward/awesomes. i can't remember if i've told you this, but after my first week of reading them i kept waking up really early in the morning with awkward/awesomes i wanted to save up to tell you but then i'd fall back asleep and forget them. i'm such a dork.

    awesome: free hair cut & color!
    awkward: um, a little too much of a haircut. like, it looks like you gave me a bowl cut with a custard cup.
    awesome: my hair grows super fast!
    awkward: oh, but that means i get dark roots. super fast. they're kind of gross.
    awkward x2: and now that my hair is growing out, it is all "I'M A DANDELION!!!!1!!" all day, every day.

    sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awkward: Being too poor to ever drive to L.A. to see Garfunkel and Oates play.
    Awesome: Finding out they will be playing on Sissles's campus!
    Awesome: Sissles's housemate winning tickets for free entry!
    Awesome: Having Sissles get a shirt signed for me and taking photos of the show!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!