Thursday, September 29, 2011

Awkward / Awesome Volume 17 + Fall Fashion Week

For those of you who are new to my blog, on Thursdays I post the awkward & awesome things that have happened in my week....

Awesome: Finding out that our apartment services include stocking our toilet paper for the year.
Awkward: Discovering this after we bought a year's worth of toilet paper from Costco.

Awesome: Being friends with (most) of my exes.
Awkward: Having one of them ask me if my dad would be their wedding photographer.
I don't know if it's more awkward that he didn't ask me or that he asked a family member of mine in the first place....

Awesome: Being invited to play softball with my coworker.
Awkward: Not having picked up a bat in 10 + years
Awesome: Getting a run, first time at bat.
Awkward: Striking out every time after that...

Awesome: Fall Fashion Week!
Awkward: Taking photos of it.
Awkward x 2: Having your coworkers discover your blog during Fall Fashion Week.

Awkward: Having fruit flies.
Awesome: Each time we put the trash into the under the sink, the apartment cleaners bring us a new one cuz they can't find ours.
Gotta collect 'em all!

Awesome: Getting to go to a Garfunkel and Oates concert for free (cuz my housemate rules)
Awesome x 2: Getting to be the photographer for the show at the last minute!


Annnd onto today's outfit...

skirt - wet seal?
shirt - f21
batman bracelet - from Brutharrrrr
earrings - from my beautiful madre
boots - gifted from mom (from aldo)

Deets...
 As always, a bajillion thanks you guys!  I'm sorry I've fallen behind in commenting but I have been checking out (and swooning) over your outfits, even if I haven't had a chance to say so explicitly.


I can't wait to catch up how adorable 
the rest of you are today (here)!

23 comments:

  1. Adorable. I love this post. I have fallen behind as well. I WILL catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...great plaid!

    also, i get really self-conscious with my pictures, too. i won't let matt hang around while i take them -- i feel like he's laughing at me (even though he isn't). but you're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute like always, I am loving your bright top, it really makes your eyes pop!

    So what are you guys going to do with all that toilet paper?!! TP someone's house?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that batman cuff is the best thing ive seen all week. hahaha i LOVE quirky things like that!!! I actually almost wore my son's spiderman watch yesterday, but my two year old saw me wearing it and demanded I give it to him. haha. RUDE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha BATMAN bracelet...is AWEEEEESOMMEEEE haha you are adorable...and if I wore that skirt people may think I am clubbin...ughhh you seriously can pull off anything!

    Shana
    ColorBlind
    Thrifters Anonymous Monday Link Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. That batman cuff is awesome!!! And I really love your plaid shirt. It fits you perfectly! Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man. I want the bracelet. Brothers rock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahah I love that you're totally doing a little hip shake in that last photo! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE. I seriously love everything about this post: Awesome//Awkward and the outfit are both so great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. daaaamn girl, look at them legs! looking fabulous. love the colors in your top. and you've mastered the cateye! i need lessons.

    my "people finding out you have a blog" happened about 2 1/2 years ago, and it went like this:

    awesome: move to new york. decide to start blog.
    awkward: don't own camera. forced to use photobooth photos.
    awesome: get free camera through strange work loophole!
    awkward: still unable to figure out where to set up the camera to take photos, without tripod, at work.
    awesome: discover that the broom closet has a bookshelf at just the right height for photos.
    awkward: all photos taken with broom, mop, and various cleaning supplies in background.
    awkward x2: the day the IT guy came in to look for something and found me posing with said mop.
    awkward x3: really earning the nickname cinderella.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love your shirt! And it looks so great with the skirt and boots. Oh, and I love that your housemate was laughing at you while you were trying to take pictures of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cool outfit! (And yay for concerts and photography! Truly awesome.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute top! And like I said before, you always have the best accessories - those earrings are beautiful and a Batman bracelet?! My students would go wild if they knew I had one!

    I think it would be far more awkward if your ex asked you to photograph his wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post...and your outfit!! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUUUUUUUUCH a cute skirt and I love that you paired it with that great flannel.
    I've been behind in reading this week too. I can't believe how awkward it is that your coworkers discovered fashion week!! I'm sure you handled it beautifully. Plus you're so cute I'm sure they were picking up some fashionable tips.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little shimmy-shake is the cutest thing ever. SO adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. BAH-hahaha, love your little dance...so so stinkin cute! And your outfit...I am partial to the "country" look myself, and so I totally dig this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've got a major crush on Batman! That bracelet is as rad as can be and you look great. That skirt is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything about this outfit is amazing. Especially the Batman cuff!! You are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This one is totally my favorite. Love it on you! Something about the more masculine shirt with the uber feminine skirt.... love.

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!