Thursday, September 1, 2011

Awkward / Awesome Volume 13

I forgot to post a few special moments from last week...

Awkward: Mom placed her very important notebook on the back of the car so as not to forget it... and forgot it.
Awesome: We drove several hours before noticing and it was still there!!!


Awkward: The door to our cabin was hanging open when we arrived... It's been broken sometime between our last visit and now.
Awesome: Nothing was missing nor was there was there any weather damage.

And onto this week:
Awkward: My sandal broke.
Awesome: I fixed it.
Awkward: Yes that's a twist tie and a rubber band.

Awkward: All the local business shut down their restrooms in preparation for the burners.
Awesome: For the first time, we're considered 'locals' and can sneak into the deluxe facilities.

Awesome: Finally morphing into outdoorsy Rachael.
Awkward: Meaning I don't bother to swat the flies off me anymore. What have I become?!

Awesome: Meeting burning man festival goers from all over the world.
Awkward: Not knowing geography so I just say, "Hmm... that's far!" to everyone.

Awesome: Having someone compliment my makeup when I'm not wearing makeup.
Awkward: Specifically referring to my lovely purple eyeshadow.   
"Um, thanks... that's allllll me.   I call it insomnia violet."

Awesome: Doodling on a pier (see this post)
Awkward: A gust of wind blew all loose pens and pencils into the cracks and thus, into the water.
Awesome: Bigger-little and I undertook a daring rescue attempt and mostly succeeded.

Awesome: Making friends with a band's roadie (and having her offer to pay me for my photos!)
Awkward: Accidentally referring to her as a 'groupie' when talking to the band later. 

Awesome: Having a good big sister talk with the littlest about accepting disappointment like a big girl.
Awkward: Halfway through, realizing the talk was more helpful to me.  I have a lot to learn...


Are we all done cringing at my life? Good.
Now you tell me what's been awkward and awesome in YOUR week?  
Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Bahaha! I look forward to this every Thursday. I kind of miss working in retail for this very reason.. I miss all the awkward moments. ;)

    You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hmm... that's far!" - Made me laugh! And that purple eye shadow must have been great.

    Awkward: Having a man shout to me in a parking lot that I must be having a boy.
    Awesome: Well, it was awesome too...he didn't say anything about my size, so it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is one of the best sets ever! I can't believe about the notebook or about the compliments on your 'makeup'. Awwwwkwaaaaard.

    Awkward: Having one of my students inform me that he "wears underwear now"!
    More awkward: I didn't know he wasn't wearing it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natasha - Oh good! I'm glad you enjoy it. Ah yes, retail... In retail, high school and apparently my life, there's no shortage of awkward.

    Jessica - That is hilarious! I love the idea of a stranger hollerin' at your belly!

    Charlotte - BwhahahahahahahA! Oh, that's SO awkward!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!