Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer in Civilization

I'm so happy to be back with my sisters!*
(*but I miss you loads, Faja and Brutharrr)
From left: Littlest little, biggest little and me!
(Drawing by biggest little)

Our days have consisted of...
Sleeping in...

Doodling at coffee shops...
With intermittent staring contests, of course!

Body crayons...
The arteest
I'm the girl with the dragon tattoo!

Nail painting...
Bigger little picked out both polishes- 
the mermaid green underneath and the black crackle on top.

Treats! 
Including cupcakes...

and ice cream....

(Treats come with post-treat slumps of course...)

Then there's karate...

and fort building...

and pool fun!

Also, I've been very domestic... 
I busted out my espresso maker  and have been whipping up 
hot chocolates for the little ladies...

And I made Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins!

I titled this post 'Summer in Civilization' because we're all packing to go up to 
Podunk town, USA for the next two weeks.  
We'll be semi-camping (electricity but no running water).

To give you a refresher of what semi-camping is like....

And the last time I was there...

What are YOU guys looking forward to in the last 
remnants of summer?

6 comments:

  1. Have fun with your sissies!! I bet you're they're hero!

    So what do you do since there is no running water? Do you have to haul water from a well, or do you just bring your own?

    I was arguing the other day with my husband because I think having no electricity is WORSE than having no running water...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!

    It looks like you guys have tons of fun together. And all those treats.. woah. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea - Yeah, the time of being their hero without doing diddly squat is over but I'm up for the challenge and so far, I seem to be on their list of 'good guys.' Yup, we have a well, so we haul our own water. I agree with you.. Electricity is more diverse- we can plug in a computer and watch a movie, or plug in a kettle and have tea (or wash dishes), or plug in a microwave or hot plate to make food or plug in a lamp for reading (plussss, I can plug in my blow-dryer and do my hair how I want, vain me). All running water does is make washing and going to the restroom easier.

    Natasha - Yes'm. We have a blast. It's amazing how draining it is but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soaking up the last fabulous veggies to be had and meanwhile dreaming of sweater weather.

    These pics of your sisters are so precious. I can't wait to hear about your trip to Podunk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well my, my, my. your sisters are almost as cute as you are, you little betty crocker, you. banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins make me drool so hard my eyes get teary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. captcha: beast. your blog NEVER ceases to amuse me, even when ensuring i'm not a spambot!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!