Thursday, August 25, 2011

Awkward / Awesome Volume 12


Awesome: Falling asleep to the stars in my see-through mesh tent roof.
Awkward: Waking to the feel of rain in my see-through mesh tent roof.

Awesome: Finishing my Brain Droppings post 2 days ahead of schedule.
Awkward: Thinking Tuesday was Wednesday and posting it a day late.  Days mean nothing to me out here.

Awesome: Our one day delay in leaving (this post) allowed me to remember somethings I forgot.... Like my pillow!
Awkward: Out day delay and subsequent unpacking for the extra evening at home allowed me to forget some things I had originally remembered... Like my toothbrush.

Awkward: Driving 12 hours with kids in the backseat.
Awesome: They didn't ask for a potty break once!
Awkward: They still spilled cheetos.

Awesome: Due to the free time allotted by this vacation, I'm almost finished with the book club blogger's book...
Awkward: ...for the month of January.

Awkward and Awesome: Semi-Camping... When we're around our property, I can look like I'm camping.  When I head into town almost daily, I have to look like I'm not camping.


Awkward AND Awesome: Answering the call of nature in nature.

What's been awkward and awesome in YOUR week, peoples?

4 comments:

  1. awesome: being pregnant
    awkward: looking like i indulged in a few too many beers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome: Leaving directly from home (instead of from work) to go to physical therapy during lunch time, and remembering to bring my dress shirt, pants, dress shoes, & socks.

    Awkward: Forgetting my belt!

    Awesome: Having a large shopping center with a Macy's nearby.

    Awkward: Parking next the the Women's Macy's building (not realizing there was a separate Men's building) & having to walk to the other end of the mall holding my pants up.

    Awesome: All their belts were on sale!

    Awkward: Taking an hour to find one that I liked.

    Awful: Missing a phone conference I was supposed to lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I love camping! Sounds like you're having a lovely time :) Glad that you have time to catch up on some reading.. or semi-catch up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Awkward: Out day delay and subsequent unpacking for the extra evening at home allowed me to forget some things I had originally remembered... Like my toothbrush." - hmmm that is awkward! Hope you bought a new one.

    "Awesome: Due to the free time allotted by this vacation, I'm almost finished with the book club blogger's book...
    Awkward: ...for the month of January."
    - bwa haha! Glad you're still trucking along, and I hope it's something you're enjoying!

    "Awkward AND Awesome: Answering the call of nature in nature."
    - disagreed. just awkward. very very awkward.

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!