Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mini Summer - Day 3

Day three began with mom's pancakes.  
Now, you should know I'm NOT a pancake fan… Give me waffles any day.
However, MOM'S pancakes, especially these buttermilk wheat ones, are game changing.

Breakfast
Pancakes and hashbrowns
 
I bet you're wondering if littlest-little was even more in heaven than yesterday.  
If I hadn't elbowed her out of the way and eaten her share, we may have found out. 

While I was stuffing my belly, my poor stepdad was out toiling...
Hard at work (as usual)
Here, he's tackling the weeds

Next the girlies and I headed to town for a bit of internet time (for the big sister)...
....and ice cream (for the little sisters).
Chocolate 'stache

Bigger-Little is becoming quite the photographer!
Bigger-Little wanted me to pose in front of her 
least favorite ad (she thinks it's creepy).

Madre joined us and we perused a few shops, 
picking up some more yarn for our avid knitters.
Bigger-Little, knitting away

Soon, it was time to head to the neighbors for dinner.
Littlest with her papa

Bigger-Little, obliging me

The little ladies were so well behaved!

Bigger little, bonding with animals, as always

Littlest little, blending into her surroundings
 
The neighbors had a gorgeous garden…

….And a lovely view….


Dinner was delicious

And afterwards, there were fireworks!

Oh, how I love my lens (thanks, Faja!)

Happy Almost-4th-of-July!
I'll be spending most of tomorrow driving home.
But oh, the shower will be worth it.






6 comments:

  1. Bigger little has GORGEOUS hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! You look like you are having a wonderful time. I'm so glad you took so many photos -- this is a dream trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bigger little should lay off the wine! tisk, tisk big sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ad is freaky! Its the kids face. He just looks creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. I totally dig the creepy sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. waffles are far superior to pancakes. I'm glad there are others in the fan club!

    2. that ad is majorly creepy.

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!