Thursday, July 7, 2011

Awkward/Awesome Vol 5

It's time for another installment of everyone's favorite Thursday feature (right? right?)

Awesome: Having our own cherry tree!
Awkward: Parking under the cherry tree for two days.
My car literally looks like sh**.

Awkward: Having to ask my hostess what's in various dishes to make sure I can eat it (I'm vegetarian, lactose intolerant {but can take pills for that}, etc).
Awesome: Bonding with my hostess over food intolerances and allergies.
Awkward: Finding cilantro in the salad moments after confessing my visceral gag reflex to the offending herb.

Awkward: Being added on facebook by a co-worker.
Extra Awkward: Being added on facebook by dad's co-worker. Nothanks.

Awkward: Having the magic coffee machine break at work.
Awesome: Getting a new one.


Old one.... New one!

Awkward: The new one doesn't have a plain ol' coffee button (only fancy things like french vanilla and cappuccino).
Awesome: I don't drink plain ol' coffee anyways.

Awesome: Getting a massage.
Awkward: Getting my mosquito bites massaged (dangit! They just stopped itching!)

Awkward: Having some dude accidentally hit my car with a lead pipe.
Awesome: Not finding a dent.
Awkward: Having him cuss me out anyways.

Awkward: Trying to organize my move this weekend (renting a moving vans, hiring guys to move my couch, renting a storage unit, etc) with the scarce internet and no reception I had last weekend.
Awesome: Faja stepping in.  Thannnkkkssss Dad.


Awesome: Getting gifts from my coworker and boss from their respective vacations.
Awkward: Only having a gift from my vacation for my coworker.  Sorry boss-lady...

Awesome: Going to meet Charlotte (in person) today!
Extra Awesome: Getting to see Katie again!



Super sweet: My mom and stepdad taking drastic measures to protect some baby wrens in their nest.
Super sad: Watching a snake slither out of the wren's tree the next day. 



Awkward AND Awesome: Brutharrr's mix this month

For more awkward/awesomes, click here.
And I love it when you leave your awkward/awesome moments of the week below in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I get so excited every time I see a new awkward/awesome post come up! And why did the guy that hit your car with a pipe cuss you out? People are crazy!

    Awesome: Having a lady at a store acknowledge that I am pregnant (and not just fat).
    Awkward: Having said lady say in a kind of nasty voice, "Good luck handling two"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute - a guy hit your car with a lead pipe (how do you "accidentally" do that anyway?) and HE cussed YOU out? That's not awkward, that's just rude!!

    and yay, I made it into your post!

    Awkward: Standing on the bus, completely confused on how to use the Muni ticket.
    (no awesome, it was just awkward, but the bus driver was nice and showed me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awkward: I'm jealous that you and Charlotte & Katie are hanging out together.
    Awesome: That you and Charlotte & Katie are hanging out together.

    And I agree with Charlotte... How do you "accidentally" hit a car with a lead pipe and then have the gumption to cuss said car's owner out?? RUDE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome: A realtor who thinks he can finally get our house sold
    Awkward: His first suggestion is getting rid of the green desk I bought & painted.

    Awesome: Fabulous gal helping to stage asks what we are doing with spare crib in daughter's room
    Awkward: long pause while trying to sneak glance at stomach area ... finally asking, uh, ah, is it something you have a need for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome: Finding a 10x10 Public Storage unit near my house.

    Awkward: Hopping in the golf cart for the manager to drive me to the storage unit for inspection, having him almost drive straight ahead into a wall when he meant to back out of the parking space (what is harder than driving a golf cart?), then driving 20 feet to where the unit was located (he's been working there for a year!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my FAVORITE bloggy post! You are just hilarious and I totally look forward to reading this! Bahhaha too funny about your car love that you took a pic!

    ReplyDelete

How did you know I LOOOVE comments?!